Freeland CE Primary School
A school living out the values of Honesty, Forgiveness, Compassion and Love.
Great things come from small beginnings:
'Know your roots, Branch out, Fly High'
We are a community where
every member, from the tiniest seed to the fullest tree, is nurtured and cared for.
Everyone can flourish and be ready to fly the nest and soar high.
We come together to grow, learn, love and be loved.
PARABLE OF THE MUSTARD SEED (Matthew 13)
“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
Our aim is for the children of Freeland CE School to leave their primary education having the integrity, values and inspiration to enter the next step of their journey with confidence and embrace and influence the world that they live in.
We aim to do this by:
- Living the Christian values of Honesty, Forgiveness, Compassion and Love
- Empowering them with lifelong skills of how to learn using our 4Rs (reciprocity, reflectiveness, resourcefulness, resilience)
- Having high expectations for all members of the community to achieve their full potential with the confidence to take risks
- Providing children with core literacy and numeracy skills so that they can access the whole curriculum
- Encouraging and planning for children to be critical thinkers and have inquisitive minds
- Teaching a broad curriculum that will provide children with knowledge, understanding and skills which they can use on the next step of their learning journey
- Creating rich memorable experiences
- Preparing children to keep themselves and others safe
- Celebrating successes of individuals to motivate and inspire further achievements
- Providing opportunities for children to express their individual creativity
- Develop an understanding of the wider world and how to be respectful citizens
- Children, staff, parents, governors and the community have a lifelong membership to the school