We had a team of scientists join us for science day so that the children could experience science from real experts. There were different scientists and mathematicians in each class and the children made blood, worms, investigated insects and much more.
- Bubble making - with only a straw and bubble mixture. Who could blow the biggest bubble? Could you make a bubble in a bubble?
- Goo - with a choice of worm activator 1 or 2 and worm goo 1 or 2. Which combination makes the longest worm?
- Using microscopes we investigated different types of mosquito & ticks. Did you know only the female bites? We looked at how viruses move through the brain & body.
- Blood - we made blood in a jar using cranberries, glitter balls and oil and talked about how blood works.
- Sugar rainbows (density investigation) - using different amounts of sugar and dye we made a rainbow in a test tube.
By Jasmin, Year 6
Visit the gallery to view more Science Day photos